I am interested in any Vietnam stories, jokes, situations,
first impressions, or comments that fit the theme
of the book. While the focus is primarily on the
Navy, comments are solicited from other services,
particularly Vietnamese Navy views of Americans.
Please write up any memories of situations that
you believe would fit the book's theme. Major
portions of the book will address:
- Your rationale for volunteering for Vietnam
- First impressions on arrival of your base,
Vietnam, operational area, staffs, regulations,
Army, R&R, on leaving, returning home.
- Vietnamization (problems, successes, failures,
- Intercultural Relations issues (Personal Response
program and other efforts).
- The country, customs, culture, and the Vietnamese.
- Experience with any of the ethnic minorities,
such as Cue, Kha, Meo, Muong, etc.
- The R&R programs.
- The policies, rules, and decisions of the
staffs and support units.
Mail or email
your story for use in 365 And A Wake-Up.
Provide your name and address if you would like
to receive credit in the book and what you do
now. All stories used will be acknowledged to
the provider by name, and of course, you will
receive an autographed copy of the book when published.
If you have a great picture you believe might
illustrate an issue or just show you off at your
unit, I will gladly consider including it in the
book-with credits, of course.